13 Commodity Earnings You Canâ€™t Afford to Miss (ADM, BP, MT, PSX, APA, CHK, XOM, NEM, CVX)
Jared Cummans: As we enter the latter half of earnings season, it is time for a number of the worldâ€™s biggest and mostÂ significant commodity-basedÂ firms to report their results from their most recent fiscal quarter. The figures they post as well as the guidance they provide will have not only a big impact on their stock, but some of the bellwethers will actually have an impact on the commodity itself. Below, we have compiled a list of some of the biggest and most important commodity firms to report earnings this week, all of which you should keep a watchful eye on [for more commodity news and analysis subscribe to ourÂ free newsletter].
- Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE:CPK):Â ThisÂ gas utilities firmÂ reports today and is expected to haul in EPS of $0.24 with revenues just over $86 million.
- Plum Creek Timber Co (NYSE:PCL):Â The largest private landowner in the U.S. alsoÂ reportsÂ on today, with analysts predicting EPS of $0.37 and revenues of $347 million [see alsoÂ Timber Set to Soar Says Jeremy Grantham].
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM):Â This agriculture firm will look to avenge its last earnings miss on Tuesday. Analysts are calling for EPS of $0.35 with revenues just touching $22 billion.
- British Petroleum (NYSE:BP):Â Still trying to shake off the impact of the Deepwater Horizon spill over two years ago, BPâ€™s report on Tuesday is expected to show EPS of $1.29 and revenues of nearly $90 billion.
- ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT):Â The steel and iron producer details results on Wednesday, where analysts are forecasting EPS of $0.15 and revenues over $21 billion.
- Enbridge Energy Partners LP (NYSE:EEP):Â Thishigh yielding MLPÂ hasnâ€™t hit its marks for the past year, but it will look to change that Wednesday. EEP is hoping to scrape up EPS of $0.27 with revenues just over $1.7 billion.
- Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX):Â This oil & gas company is on the chopping block Wednesday with the bar set at EPS of $2.35 and revenues of $51 billion [see alsoÂ 25 Ways To Invest In Crude Oil].
- Apache Corp. (NYSE:APA):Â Kicking off Thursday, Apache hopes to bring in EPS of $2.26 and revenues just under $4.1 billion.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK):Â Thursdayâ€™s next report comes from thisÂ oil & gas giant, as CHK looks to reel in EPS of $0.1 and revenues of $2.4 billion.
- Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM):Â Though it was recently surpassed in market cap by Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), XOM is still one of the largest companies in the world. Results are slated to come in at an EPS of $1.96 with revenues just over $112 billion.
- Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM):Â This gold miner also reports on Thursday, and is expected to show EPS of $0.92 and revenues of $2.5 billion for the last quarter [see alsoÂ 10 Gold Miners That Pay a Dividend].
- Royal Dutch Shell (NYSE:RDS-A):Â The British oil & gas behemoth will report Thursday and is expected to show EPS of $2.07.
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX):Â Last but not least, Friday will see results from Chevron, who are expected to report EPS of $2.85 with revenues eclipsing $64 billion.
Written By Jared CummansÂ From CommodityHQÂ Â Disclosure: Long BP.
CommodityHQ offersÂ educationalÂ content, analysis, and commentary on globalÂ commodityÂ markets. Whether youâ€™re looking to speculate on a short-term jump in crude or establish a long-term allocation toÂ natural resources, CommodityHQ has theÂ informationÂ you need.